Join an organization that works to protect the environment of Crawford County and neighboring regions from threats of polluting and extractive industries, to promote sustainable land use, environmental justice, and local control of natural resources!
The Community Engagement Coordinator is a grassroots leader in the community who will be excited to work in a mission-based non-profit culture collaboratively with others in the organization and community. They will oversee communications with supporters and the public through newspapers, all social media platforms and email to grow community engagement as well as manage volunteers and organize events.
Position is approximately 30 hours a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create content and messaging for social and print media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, website, blog postings, newsletters, press releases, letters to the editor);
- Represent CSP at events, meetings and hearings locally, regionally, and statewide, and proactively cultivates community opportunities and relationships;
- Analyze insights and reports for social media posts and mailing campaigns to develop strategies for reaching a larger, diverse audience;
- Collaborate with other CSP staff to promote educational, advocacy, and citizen science campaigns.
- Work with schools in providing educational programs to all age levels.
Volunteer Recruitment and Management
- Recruit, train, support, and coordinate volunteers for various positions that CSP offers, and innovate more opportunities to engage and empower people;
- Work with CSP board and staff to continually ensure that volunteers are well-placed;
- Keep track of volunteer hours;
- Inspire a culture of volunteerism and volunteer appreciation in the community.
- Serve as the lead event planner/promoter and executes educational and fundraising events, including CSP’s annual fundraising event, Love the Land;
- Create, revise, and execute on-site and off-site logistics for events;
- Prepare event budgets and provide periodic progress reports to board for each event project;
- Solicit consistent feedback from staff, volunteers and periodic feedback from event attendees about event effectiveness;
- Identify and recruit volunteers to assist with special events and other tasks as needed.
- Solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and MS Office, along with ability to navigate and use the Internet;
- Excellent oral, written, and listening skills;
- Solid time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Willingness to learn and grow into this position;
- Thrives in a flexible nonprofit environment with a strong commitment to mission fulfillment;
- Familiarity with nonprofit volunteer programs through volunteer or work experience;
- Reliable transportation;
- Computer, internet, and home office space.
Highly Desirable Qualifications (will receive additional consideration)
- Experience with web content management systems and basic HTML;
- Experience with web-based email marketing services such as MailChimp;
- Database management skills;
- Grant-writing and grassroots fundraising experience;
- Professional non-profit or organizing experience, or related degree.
- Starting wage of $15/hour
- Continued learning and professional development opportunities;
- Considerable work flexibility and ability to work from home;
- Standard mileage reimbursement;
- 1⁄3 of internet and phone bill reimbursement;
- One week paid vacation after the first year.
How to apply
Please send a resume with one-page letter of interest through email to CSPjob@outlook.com
CSP is a 501(c)3 non-profit based in Gays Mills, WI.