WFU Vernon-Crawford Chapter Summer meeting & Garden Tour!
Saturday, August 8th, 2020
Samantha & Dan Kaatz
S2620 A Sebion Lane, Viroqua, WI
Garden Tour at 11am
Picnic Lunch at 12pm
Meeting at 1pm
Come early to enjoy a tour of the Kaatz’s permaculture orchard and market garden. The Kaatz’s specialize in perennial production and growing unique fruits, nuts, and cut flowers.
As a safety precaution, we are going to avoid being indoors, touching shared surfaces and sharing food.
Please bring your own picnic lunch and beverages.
Please also help us out by bringing your own chair. The meeting will be moved to the garage if we have poor weather.
Any questions contact Craig Dunnum, firstname.lastname@example.org county president Vernon-Crawford .
WFU Virtual Summer Conference
- THURSDAY, AUGUST 13, 2020 AT 11 AM – 12:30 PM
- Farmers and food system allies are invited to join Wisconsin Farmers Union for our virtual Summer Conference, focused on “Exploring Climate Change & the Role of Family Farms.”
- Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes will join us and share insights from the Task Force on Climate Change. National Farmers Union President Rob Larew will also be a featured guest, sharing the organization’s efforts to educate policymakers and advocate for climate change programs for farmers.
- Attendees will learn how they can organize for change and will be among the first to view a climate change video featuring WFU members’ climate-friendly conservation practices.
- In years past, Summer Conference attendees have enjoyed a pie contest and social. We’ll carry on the tasty tradition by encouraging participants to enjoy their own slice of pie during the conference. Proud bakers can share their creations on social media with #piesandpolitics.
RSVP for the free conference at www.wisconsinfarmersunion.com/events so you receive the meeting link